This is one of the easiest meals to make but seems to be a real winner at any BBQ. Since we’re using chicken thighs, it remains beautiful and juicy while the outside is crisp because the marinade has caramelised during cooking.
- Half a red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- 3 large leaves of Kale (curly Kale recommended), finely chopped
- 1 jar of Roasted Garlic Aioli or Chilli Lime Mayonnaise
- 1 packet of crunchy fried noodles (found in the Asian section of the supermarket)
- Mild Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Honey Chipotle Sauce
- 4-6 free range chicken thighs
- Bread rolls
- Sliced tasty cheese (or something a little more fancy if you desire, such as smoked cheddar)
- Marinade your chicken thighs in a decent amount of the Honey Chipotle Sauce. Add in a few tablespoons of sesame seeds. You can marinade your chicken for a day, hour or minute – but the longer the better!
- I recommend cooking the chicken on the BBQ but you can also just use a frying pan. Cook through until tender, juicy and crispy.
- Pop your chopped cabbage, kale and grated carrot into bowl and drizzle some Mild Sweet Chilli Sauce on top. Add a few dollops of Roasted Garlic Aioli or Chilli Lime Mayonnaise then stir. Add in your crunchy noodles last (so they stay crunchy).
- Put a slice of cheese on the bottom of the bun and sit the hot chicken on top. Add a big spoon of coleslaw onto the chicken – maybe a little drizzle of Smokey BBQ Sauce and serve up. Super easy, cheap, quick and bloody tasty!!
- Caramelised onions are a great addition.
- Eating these burgers can get a bit messy so not recommended to cook on a date!