This simple breakfast will get you out of bed! It has some beautiful, fresh ingredients with all of the vitamins and protein needed to give you that wholesome start to the day that we all crave on weekends.
This serves 2 people so adjust accordingly if you’re feeding more.
- 1 avocado
- Roughly 10 cherry tomatoes
- Half a lemon
- 2 eggs (maybe a few spares if you’re not the best poacher…)
- Fetta or goats cheese for crumbling
- A few slices of fresh sourdough or wholegrain bread
- Dried Red Chilli Hot Sauce
- Get out a saucepan or frying pan and put some water in it (only do this if you are poaching the eggs, otherwise a splash of Olive Oil into a frying pan for fried eggs), put onto a medium heat until you get some bubbles at the bottom of the pan.
- While step 1 is bubbling away (pun intended), get a bowl and scoop out the avocado into it, squeeze the juice of half a lemon and add some cracked pepper and salt to taste, set aside.
- Put the bread in the toaster to lightly toast it. By now the water should be hot enough to start poaching your eggs. Crack the egg on the edge of the pan and get your fingers as low to the water as possible to gently let the egg fall into the pan. It will take around 5 minutes to cook.
- Grab the toast and spread the avocado mix onto it. Halve the cherry tomatoes and place them on top and around the piece of toast. Crumble a bit of goats or Fetta cheese on top as well.
- The eggs should be ready now so grab a plastic spoon or even a spatula (make sure it has slats so the water can drain). Some people place the egg onto a bit of bread to drain but a bit of paper towel will do just fine. Gently place the poached egg on top of your creation.
- The last and in my opinion, the most important – drizzle over some Dried Red Chilli Hot Sauce.
Boom! Yummy cafe quality breakfast, done like a pro!
To ‘fancy’ it up a little, I placed a few edible flowers onto the plate and a few spouts of watercress for extra freshness and crunch.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.