These are so perfect as a relaxed meal on a quiet night or even for entertaining as they can be made in advance. The thing about pizza is that it’s an open invitation to create unique and delicious flavours, the possibilities are endless!
These aren’t UN-healthy, they can be a nice meal with lots of veggies, it’s up to you how healthy or not, you make it 🙂
- 1 pack of pita bread (can be wholemeal, white, mini, etc)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Spicy BBQ Relish per pita (it’s not very spicy so won’t overwhelm the dish with spice)
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato Chilli Ketchup per pita (also not a super spicy sauce, it will add a subtle hint of chilli and is rich enough to replace tomato paste perfectly)
- Crushed garlic
- Semi-dried tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- Fetta cheese
- Shredded mozzarella
- Smoked chicken
- Rocket to sprinkle on top once cooked
- Mix up BBQ Relish, Tomato Chilli Ketchup & garlic in a bowl, spread your pita bread out on baking trays. Smear a big spoon of your sauce mixture over the pitas and smooth it to the edges so its semi-even.
- Chop all of your assorted toppings into pizza-appropriate sizes. Sprinkle your various toppings onto the pita bread – it’s a good idea to mix and match ingredients.
For example: olives, fetta and smoked chicken will work well together. Salami, bocconcini and semi-dried tomatoes have also been known to get along.
- Sprinkle your cheese on top of the pizzas & place in the oven on around 200 degrees Celsius. They will usually take around 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and toppings are nicely cooked. Serve them up on a nice wooden chopping board in quarters with a sprinkle of rocket over the top, a really nice touch is to mix up a bit of Chilli Lime Mayonnaise and Wholegrain Mustard in a jar and drop it over the cooked pizza plus a squirt of lemon juice.It’s pretty bloody easy but tastes so damn good and is not UN-healthy!
- You can get very creative with your toppings – bake some pumpkin and throw pine nuts on it or even try roasted potatoes.
- For the pizza in the pictures, I used wholemeal pita, smoked chicken, fetta and avocado.
- Enjoy a healthier, lower carb pizza with a crunchy base and amazing juicy toppings!